Thursday, November 5, 2009

Carving Pumpkins!

It's that time of year!!!Since I was a little girl I have always looked forward to the fall. The leaves change color, the air chills, the trees get an autumn smell to them, and of course it means that it is time to carve pumpkins!!!

And of course, who wouldn't be jealous of a pre-carve fashion show!!!

Curt and I got a good head start on Chris and Ashton. LOL. We were the excited ones!!!
Ashton concentrating hard on tracing out his picture.

Chris was very disgusted. Prevouis to carving pumpkins he was trying to bribe me to "de-gut" his. Thanks in part to the dad, Chris was a big boy! :D

Ashton and Chris "de-gutting" their pumpkins. They did such a great job. So PROUD of you boys!!!

Once your pumpkins are clean then the hard part comes. *Getting to decide what you want to carve* For Chris and I we decided simply out of our heads. Curt and Ashton, our little cheaters! ;) Chose from things around the house like a Rootbeer box and sculptures!!! I'm kidding guys, they turned out great.

See, there he is! Getting caught cheating off the box!!! :D

I liked the idea of stars. So I just added different things as I went.

We considered carving my sweet Chris like a little pumpkin too! ;)

The stars were cut out perfect! Curt actually put one on the back of his pumpkin! What a sport.

All-in-all, our pumpkins turned out so cool and all so unique! We took pictures of all them except Ashton's (he wasn't done yet)! In order... Mine, Chris's cool eye, and Curt's Rootbeer puppy!



Thanks for such a great night!
We had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment