Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Cake Making Skills!!!

Chris's 25th birthday was 11/20/2009 and we both had to work, I felt horrible. But I had made plans!!! I promised him I didn't forget. So what better way to make a birthday great by making a great cake. Or atleast trying to make a great cake :D

So this was the plan! Who wants to buy a cake when an hour or two in the kitchen is so much more fun?!

.....Chocolate? definately! What else should I do? OOOOO, strawberries and butter cream! Now that's a cake! But how do I do this?!.... Let me show you what I did!
EVERYBODY (I know) loves fresh strawberries! BONUS: They always look good.
Butter cream and strawberry filling. Nobody said it had to LOOK GOOD! LOL...

All the layers put together.....I'm definately not a professional...

I had to laugh when I stood back and saw this. What a mess! How did I fix this you may be thinking? ...I'll put it in the freezer, thank you Cake Boss!!! And who said T.V. isn't informational?!

Nobody makes it better than Betty! ...I just hope it covers up the mess...
A little bit of TLC and some help from Betty, I was pretty impressed, if I say so myself!

Let's not get too excited! Why have a pretty cake when you can have a FUN cake!? Nothing like a touch of blue sprinkles and some fun frosting!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY babe!!!
I just can't wait to see his face when he sees this tomorrow!


~Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment